- Nonprofit, volunteer run.
- 100’s of organized campouts held yearly.
- Chapters spanning across the Continental USA and Canada.
- Membership discounts for campgrounds, RV insurance, & camping/RV products.
- Youth, teen, adult and retiree programs.
- Wildlife and conservation programs.
- Scholarship opportunities.
- New members receive SIX MONTHS FREE when buying any tier membership.
Upcoming National Events 2022-2023
FCRV Event Calendar 2021-2022
FCRV holds 100’s of inclusive events per year in the form of chapter, state, regional and national events. From summer to winter we are out there doing what we love most, CAMPING! Our camping events range in size from just a few families to hundreds of like minded campers getting together.
[Info on local chapter events can be found by contacting your state/regional directors or the National Office.]
December 2021 – February 2022
March 2022 – May 2022
- Regional Events
- [CO] April 29 – May 1. Far West – Regional Event(For Campvention Planning). Colorado State Fairgrounds. Pueblo, CO
- [NV] Apr 15-17. Nevada – State Campout. Las Vegas Bay at Lake Mead Recreational Area. Boulder City, NV
- [MI] Apr 22-24. Michigan – State Campout. Springfield Oaks County Park. Davisburg, MI.
- [NC] April 26- May 1. North Carolina – State Campout. Mayberry Campground. Airy, North Carolina.
- [MO] April 29- May 1. Missouri – State Campout. Big Red Barn RV Park. Carthage, MO
- [MI] April 29 – May 1. Michigan Blue Water District State Campout. Port Huron Township Park. Port Huron, Michigan.
- [GA] April 29- May 2. Georgia – State Campout. Brickyard Plantation Golf & RV Resort (KOA). Americus, GA 31709
- [UT] April 29- May 1. Utah – State Campout. Utah Lake State Park. Provo, UT
- [CT] May 9-15. Connecticut – State Campout. West Thompson Lake. Thompson, Connecticut
- [CO] May 12-15. Colorado State Campout. Morgan County Fairgrounds. Brush, CO.
- [IN] May 13-15. Indiana – Spring State Campout. Friends ‘O Mine Campground. Nashville, IN
- [IL] May 14-16. Illinois – State Campout. Prairie Pines Campgrounds. Rantoul, IL.
- [FL] May 13-15. Florida – State Campout. Paradise Oaks RV Resort. Bushnell, FL.
- [ON] May 20-23. Ontario – Provincial Campout. Harriston Communtiy Complex, Harriston, Ontario.
- [MI] May 20-23. Michigan – State Campout. Info Coming Soon.
- [CT] May 26-30. Connecticut – Spring State Campout. Goshen Fairgrounds. Goshen, Connecticut
- [NY] May 27-30. New York – State Campout. Herkimer County Fairgrounds. Frankfort, New York.
June 2022 – August 2022
- [FL] June 3-5. Southeast – Regional Event. Thousands Trails Orlando RV Resort. Clermont, Florida 34714
- [MI] Aug 4-7. Great Lakes – Regional Event. Hillsdale County Fairgrounds. Hillsdale, MI 48242.
- [SD] Aug 5-7. Heartland – Regional Event. Brown County Fairgrounds. Aberdeen, South Dakota
- [MI] June 3-5. Michigan – State Campout. Gladwin County Fairgrounds. Gladwin, MI.
- [ON] June 13 – 17. Ontario – Retiree Rally 2022. Norwich Community Ventre. Norwich, ON
- [OK] Aug 8. Oklahoma – State Campout. Wes Watkins Lake. McLoud, OK.
- [SC] Aug 11-15. South Carolina – Retiree Rally. Currahee RV and Campground. Toccoa, GA.
- [IN] Aug 19-21. Indiana – State Campout. Cornerstone Campground. New Castle, IN.
- [OH] Aug 19-21. Ohio SERVE campout. Sauder Village Campground. Archbold, Ohio
September 2022 – November 2022
- [ON] Sep 2-5. Ontario – Provincial Campout. Tavistock & District Recreation Centre. Tavistock, Ontario
- [MI] Sep 5-11. Michigan – Retiree Rally. St Louis Campground. St Louis, MI.
- [MO] Sep 9-12. Missouri – State Campout. Lazy Day Campground. Danville, MO.
- [NC] Sep 13-18. North Carolina – State Campout. Cross Winds Family Campground. Linwood, North Carolina.
- [CT] Sep 16-18. Connecticut – Fall State Campout. Grandview Camping Resort. Moodus, Connecticut.
- [MI] Sep 16-18. Michigan – State Campout. Info Coming Soon.
- [GA] Sep 22-25. Georgia – State Campout. Cumberland Mountain State Park. Crossville, Tennessee 38555.
- [KS] Sep 24-26. Kelley Park , Coffee County Fairgrounds. Burlington, KS
- [CO] Sep 25-30. Colorado – State Retiree Rally. Pueblo South/Colorado City KOA. Pueblo, CO
- [MI] Sep 23-25. Michigan Blue Water District State Campout. Eastern Michigan Fairgrounds. Imlay City, Michigan.
- [IN] Sep 28-30. Indiana – State Retiree Rally. Amishville USA Campground. Geneva, IN.
- [CO] Sept 29-Oct 2. Colorado – Fall State Campout. Colorado State Fairgrounds. Pueblo, CO.
- [IN] Sep 30-Oct 2. Indiana – Fall State Campout. Amishville USA Campground. Geneva, IN
- [FL] Nov 11-13. Little Charlie Creek RV Resort. Wauchula, Florida.
Camping Today [September]
🍂 Family Campers
Fall is on its way and with it comes your September issue of Camping Today. This issue marks the 1 year anniversary of our publication going digital.
A lot of progress has been made to bring our publication into the 21st century over the last year. In order to continue moving forward and reach our goals of making FCRV more visible and viable for both commercial and membership recruitment, we need your help.
FCRV being a non-profit member owned organization means we need YOU to be active in giving us the information we need to properly promote the organization. This means submitting ALL your state and regional outing info. It also means showing off these outings in “recaps” after you have them. We also want to focus on member submitted articles. If you would ever like to write something for our publication we strongly encourage you to do so.
‘Camping Today’ now has easy to fill out forms to submit all this information to us via our website and directly from our digital publication. We have been in talks with our brass at all levels trying to push to get this information to us and we thank those of you that have. If you notice your state, district, or regional outings are not on the website schedule (https://fcrv.org/fcrv-events/) , please contact your state, regional directors and ask them why. Also feel free to contact the national office or ‘Camping Today’ staff to let us know this information is missing.
Without you taking a little time throughout the year to make sure this information is given to us, we can not properly showcase the organization. So please, keep this in mind in the future. FCRV thanks you for your cooperation and time spent volunteering to make FCRV the best International Camping Club out there!
‘Camping Today’ Staff
Wildlife Refuge Inc. Annual Report 2022
A meeting was held at the Colorado State Fairgrounds on Wednesday, July 13th @ 1 p.m. Comptroller Deb Swanson reported a balance in the Wildlife fund of $78,145.78.
Grants will be sent to the following:
Hobbitstee Wildlife Refuge – http://www.hobbitstee.com/
From Naticoke,Ontario Recommended by Faye Swanburg. They are working on building a brand-new wildlife hospital with species specific outdoor enclosures. They are asking for fencing for the fawn area. We are granting them $1000.
Schramm Educational Center – http://www.tmcsea.org/schramm.html
submitted by Kelly Ekue and recommended by Jim Swenson from Nebraska. This money is for the Venture Park Education area which consists of four state parks in the area for the Nebraska Naturalist Program. The program focuses on the habitats and adaptations of Nebraska’s snake species. They will use the funds to obtain materials such as replicas, skeleton examples, and microscopes for participants to be able to use. This program will serve up to 24 participants at a time. We are granting them $1000.
Dakota Zoo – https://www.dakotazoo.org/
submitted by Terry Lincoln and recommended by JeAnne Shelby from Bismark, North Dakota. The grant will be used for providing medications and daily vitamins for the newest residents 9 African Black Penguins that arrived in September. The medications for the penguins are very expensive. We are granting them $750.
Black Pines Animal Sanctuary – https://www.bpsanctuary.org/
submitted by Trish Nichols and recommended by Angie Shaneyfelt from Indiana. The sanctuary recently rescued a 3 year old long-tailed macaque from an exotic pet trade. This poor animal was kept in a dog crate inside of a trailer wearing a diaper, leash, and collar. This sanctuary rescues animals like Tucker. We are granting them $750.
Friends of Spring Valley Park
submitted by Larry Zachert and recommended by Mary Lehnerd from Pennsylvania. This park has been developed and improved by mainly volunteers. They depend on volunteer help and contributions. They are planting plants for wildlife. We are granting them $750.
NCHA (FCRV) National Hank Nathan Scholarship Report 2022
The scholarship committee is proud to announce the 2022 scholarship winners as follows:
- Brianna Coniglio, from Spring Hill, Florida. Brianna is studying forensic science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York. Brianna received $1,500.
- Kerri McHale, from Carthage, New York. Kerri is studying social studies inclusive education at SUNY College at Brockport in New York. Kerri received $1,500.
- Susie Valderrabano, from Belfair, Washington. Susie is studying medical anthropology & global health at the University of Washington in Washington. Susie received $1,500.
- Tara Mueller, from Exeter, Nebraska. Tara is studying early childhood education at Wayne State University. Tara received $1,500.
Congratulations to all of this years recipients.
2022 Campvention Recap
The Family Campers and RVers’ (FCRV) 2022 National Campvention drew 160 families to the Colorado State Fairgrounds in Pueblo from July 10-15, according to a press release.
There were so many activities for all age groups that it was hard to decide which ones to choose. The youth had daily crafts, games and projects, and even a bear hunt at the ‘Rocky Mountain Summer Camp’ center. Adults had numerous seminars offered including one on UFOs, stated the release.
Several commercial vendors offered products. Various crafts were offered for ladies and there was a Family Fun Day with a lunch served by the teens.
The teens defeated the adults in the annual softball challenge. The usual adult sports/games were played and enjoyed, noted the release.
FCRVers donated over $1,500 to the local county food bank association. The week was capped by an enthusiastic campers parade.
Even in light of high fuel prices, distance and July temperatures, Jeff and Shirley Kendle and the Far West Region volunteers were pleased with the attendance and participation.
The 2023 FCRV Campvention is scheduled for The Wayne County Fairgrounds in Richmond, Ind., from July 9-15, and will be hosted by the Great Lakes Region.
2022 Retiree Rally Recap
Attendance expectations for the 2022 Retiree Rally were exceeded with 82 RV units and 170 + people on hand at the Mineola, Texas Civic Center, It was a great facility for the 50th annual rally with level parking, full hookups, lots of meeting / activity rooms, the large Live Oak Auditorium, and lots of usable outdoor space for games. Several early arrivals opted to attend a Mystery Play Dinner Show at the Civic Center. After a 2 year moratorium caused by Covid, old friends from all over the U.S and Canada were very glad to see each other again.
2022 Event Recaps
Fun game of Putt putt at the Indiana summer campout at Cornerstone Campground. — attending Summer State Campout Cornerstone Campground and Retreat Center at Cornerstone Campground and Retreat Center.
Teresa , Handsome Jack, and I are having fun at Planning Meeting for the FCRV 2022 Campvention! We’re ready to have fun, are you? ~ Rick Walorski
Colorado – Hi Country camper out for dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory.