To interest and involve members in building the membership through encouraging them to recruit new members.
It will also improve retention by getting members involved and enthusiastic about the organization.
To recognize and reward members who get actively involved in building the membership by recruiting new members, and have social meetings and seminars for prospective Club members.
Commercial Members now also count towards ambassadors goals as of January 1st, 2021
Ambassador Club Levels
Family Campers & RVers members can attain the following four levels by signing up new members. New Membership counts are accumulative, starting with the official start date of December 1, 1994.
- Sapphire Ambassador – recruit at least 5 new members. You will receive your first pin with a sapphire colored stone and one free year membership.
- Ruby Ambassador – counting the first 5 you recruited, bring in 5 additional new members for a total of 10. You will receive a second pin with a sapphire and ruby colored stone and two free years of membership.
- Emerald Ambassador – counting the first 10 you recruited, bring in 10 additional new members for a total of 20. You will receive a third pin with a sapphire, ruby and emerald colored stone and three free years of membership.
- Diamond Ambassador – counting the first 20 you recruited, bring in 30 additonal new members for a total of 50. You will receive a fourth pin with a sapphire, ruby, emerald and diamond colored stone plus a lifetime membership in Family Campers & RVers.
Counting New Members
- Both the head of the household and the significant other will receive credit for the new members they sign up and both will become Ambassador Club Members and they will progress up the levels together.
- Where personal follow-up, visits, joint camping or other one-on-one contact is carried out after a show but before a new application is signed – this new member shall count towards Ambassador Club requirements. A New Member may also be a former NCHA/FCRV member who has not been a member of the organization for the past 12 months.
- To obtain credit for membership in the Ambassador Club, the applicant shall complete the Ambassador Club application for each level. They should list new members they have recruited and send the completed form to the National Office.
- The Office Manager shall verify the names on the Award application and send the application to the National Membership Director.
- The National Membership Director shall review all applications and advise the Trustees of qualified applicants. Once and applicant has attained the Sapphire level, a file will be kept open by the National Membership Director.
Procedure for applying for an Ambassador Award
The following is the method now used to operate the Ambassador Award program of Family Campers & Rvers. The system is subject to change from time to time. Changes will be announced through Camping Today
To make the system fair for all and to provide for easy identification of eligible persons the system requires the
submission of an application for each level of award. These applications will identify the qualifying family plus
each of the new members used for the qualification. The rules of qualification are printed on the application.
Method of Award
- Complete application form each time you apply for a different level.
- Send the application to the National Office.
- The National Office will verify the membership of new members listed on the application.
- The National Membership Director will send a congratulations letter and pins upon qualification of new members and/or present members reaching the next level.
- Mention will be made in National Membership Director’s column in the next issue Camping Today.
- The National Membership Director will issue a membership dues credit note to office and the office will re-issue membership cards with the new membership dates.
- The National Membership Director will issue club membership certificates.
- The National Membership Director will advise Trustees of New Member/status change.
- Names will be added to a list for special recognition at the next Campvention.
The Chairman shall keep records as required for future use as follows
- The initial applications will be kept on file for the current qualification level.
- The National Membership Director shall mail a new application form to the qualified member showing thelevel achieved and left blank for the addition of more names for higher levels.
- The National Membership Director shall keep a record, and present to the Board on a quarterly basis the currentqualified members of the club.
5+ New Members
10+ New Members
20+ New Members
50+ New Members