Who Can Apply : Any FCRV Member or their dependent* children planning to enroll or currently enrolled in an undergraduate program may apply for an FCRV Scholarship. An applicant must be a member for at least one year before application.
* Dependent children of members: Applicants applying under their parent/guardian’s membership must be a dependent thereof for the year of the Scholarship award, meaning they are eligible as an income tax deduction.
Applications for 2021 will be sent out starting December, 2020 through April 1, 2021. All completed applications must be returned to Scholarship America by April 15th of the year of the award.
How to Apply : Requests for an FCRV application MUST be made to the FCRV National Scholarship Directors. This can be done in two ways but email is the preferred method.
- Mail your application request to:
Carl & Lynda Wood
137 Harley Road,
Harley, Ontario, Canada
Donations and memorials should be sent to:
Jan Cushing, Comptroller
2102 88th St.
Kenosha, WI 53143
- E-mail your application request to
email@example.com Subject FCRV Scholarship
Requests MUST include the FCRV membership number, the postal mailing address and most importantly, an email address at which the applicant can be contacted. All applications are sent electronically.
Stipend: Annual Scholarships are awarded carrying a stipend ranging from $500 to $2000. Part-time students will receive one-half of the granted amount. Scholarships are for one year. Recipients have the opportunity to reapply for a scholarship each year they meet the eligibility requirements.
Selection of Scholarship Recipients: Applicants are scored and ranked by Scholarship America, who then recommends these scores and ranking to the FCRV Scholarship Board who then confirms the ranking and the award. The Board of Directors presents the awards at or after the annual AGM held at that years’ Campvention.
Eligibility Requirements :
- Parents or guardians must be member of FCRV for one year or longer.
- Applicants must be enrolled or accepted into an undergraduate course of study in an accredited two to four year college or university. Part-time students must carry a minimum of six credits and full-time a minimum of twelve.
- Applicants currently enrolled in college are given equal consideration with incoming freshman students.
Scholarship Considerations :
- High school graduates should be in the upper 40% of their class.
- College students should have a cumulative B average (2.7 Grade Point Average on a 4.0 scale)
- General considerations are taken for maturity, leadership, related activities, and goals of the candidate as related to the objectives of FCRV.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants majoring in fields related to conservation, ecology or outdoor activities, although all other fields are considered.