During Campvention we provided recorded videos and live craft sessions.
Homemade Finger Paint Materials
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 cups water
- Food Coloring
- Small Containers or Empty Egg Carton
Homemade TP Roll Bird Feeder Materials
- Empty Toilet Paper Rolls
- Sturdy sticks, 2 per roll, 6-8 inches long
- Bird seed
- Peanut butter
- String or ribbon
- Hole punch
DIY Garden Gazing Balls
- Clear plastic or glass “Christmas” balls – any size
- Wax crayons (be sure they aren’t made of plastic)
- Cheese grater
- Glitter (optional)
- Blow dryer
- String for hanging
- Battery tealight (if desired)
Tealight Campfire Light
- Coloured popsicle sticks or tongue depressors (purchase colored or you may paint plain ones)
- Wax crayons
- Wax paper
- Cheese grater or pencil sharpener
- Glue Gun
- Battery tea light
Homemade Gel Air Fresheners
This was a live craft via Zoom. For those who attended and want to remember the instructions or if you missed it and would like to try this at home, below are the instructions.
- 4 oz mason jars (this recipe will fill exactly 2 jars).
- Frog lids for the mason jars OR Two rings and tulle OR wide woven cloth to cover the jar
- 2 packets of gelatin powder (found near the baking supplies at any grocery store)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Fragrance oil or essential oils of choice!
- Mixing Bowl, Spoon and Measuring cup
NOTE: You can be pretty creative with your container and lids. If you have any glass jar with a metal lid, you can punch holes in the lid with a hammer and nail. Or use a cheese cloth and ribbon.
1. In the mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup of hot water and the 2 packets of gelatin powder
2. Stir right away until the powder is dissolved
3. Add food coloring until desire shade is reached. It can be left clear too!
4. Pour 1/2 cup of very cold water in the bowl
5. Mix the cold and hot water together until completely combined
6. Add 1-2 teaspoons of fragrance
7. Pour the liquid evenly into the 2 jars
8. Place the frog lid on top of the jar, remove the flat canning lid that comes with the jar, and tighten the frog lid in place.
9. Let the jar sit in a cool place until it “sets” (about an hour or two)
10. Place the jars around your home to make any room smell great!
Alternative: water beads and liquid potpourri can be used; simply soak the dry beads in the liquid until they expand and then poor off the liquid for reuse and display the beads in the jar just like the gel!